qc2

Explore the zone and bond with your station wagon in Pacific Drive

There are lots of games about cars, but Pacific Drive is different. What makes it stand out for me is the car itself - or, more specifically, the relationship you have with the car.

Is relationship the right word? I think so. Years ago, when I was due to give birth to my son, my car got an unexpected engine problem and had to go into the garage for a few days. I was genuinely worried I would not be able to bring my baby home in my own, very loved, car (which I had named The Beast). Even though logically I understood it would make no difference in the grand scheme of things, the thought of using a rental for such an important family moment really bothered me.

This is because my car was not just a means of transportation to me. It was a core part of my life, full of memories and adventure. I knew how it worked - I understood putting it into reverse could periodically turn on the screen wash, I was used to the buttons that occasionally got stuck, I knew I had to be gentle with the cup holder or it could unexpectedly eject a hot beverage all over the dashboard.

Read more


Nguồn: Eurogamer
Mới hơn Cũ hơn
Chưa có bình luận
Add Comment
comment url